Pages

Managing email notifications

Hey guys... Ok, this is a real problem... Like, really real...

I'm new... (that's not the problem, you dolt...), and I have both, my iPhone 4 and my iPad mail accounts setup as exchange accounts, so I receive emails instantly...

Now, I've set the forum settings to notify me INSTANTLY when someone posts something on a thread that I'm following...

For those with short attention spans:

Instant email notification setting + Exchange accounts on iDevice = Mailbox full of notifications...

Is there anything I can do, to not have my mailbox crowded with notifications from this form, whilst still being instantly notified about a new post? Im talking every possible alternative, mailbox setting tinkering, forum setting tinkering, etc.

So far, the most elegant solution I've come up with, is this:

- Create rule on my mailbox to auto archive notification mails from this forum.
- The iDevices will beep to tell me about new mail anyways
- I can read the mail on my device (Have not tested)
- Reply to post...

Will it work? Help?

__________________
Always outnumbered... Never outgunned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics