Pages

Splashtop Remote

Originally Posted by gentlefury View Post All you have to do is port forward 6783, 6784 and 6785

It's really simple. If you don't know how to set up port forwarding check google.

Ok, so I went on the internet to find out how to make this connection over 3g.

I realized that what the people who make Splashtop neglected to to say was, if you want connection over 3g, you need to have an advanced level of understanding of computer network set up.

I found out you have to set up a static ip address then do port forwarding which involves accessing your router on the internet.

How many everyday lay user is going to be able to do that?

I got as far as the static ip set up but I am not going to mess with the router as my computer is not the only one on the set up.

I have Logmein and I never had to go through all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics