Pages

Can I transfer/view iBooks on Windows PC?

Hi Everyone,

Questions:
Can I transfer iBook purchases to a regular Windows 7.0 or Windows XP/Vista computer and view them? (And, if so, what format are they in?)Can I transfer Kindle purchased books to a regular Windows PC and then migrate them to be viewable in the iBooks software on my iPad?I've been a PC user and developer for over 20+ years and just last weekend picked up an iPad for my wife to read books and to access internet content. Thus, I didn't think the Kindle was an option at this point.

Anyway, between the two I so far like the iBooks because of how Highlighting, Notes and Bookmarks work. I read a lot of computer books and I love how I can highlight text using iBooks. I know Kindle can do it to, but I don't like how it works. Just not as nice.

Anyway, I notice that Kindle eBooks can be downloaded to PCs and viewed on just about any type of hardware, maybe even my DroidX phone and iPad. Since I'm so new to the Apple world, I figured I'd post my question here.

I've always been very non-Apple because they lock out other competitors out (for the sake of technology, not anti-competition I understand), severely limiting my choices in content and price, so even though it appears Kindle Books will work fine on Apple's iPad, I don't know if the iPad can be downloaded to my PC and viewed there and/or even added to a Kindle should I choose to get that as well.

If anyone can point me in the right direction so that I can make a final decision on whether to give Apple's iBooks a chance I would be very grateful. I need people out there to sell me on the whole Apple revolution.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics